I was tasked with making the dessert for our Christmas holiday dinner, so of course, I made our family’s favorite: fruit pizza. It’s super simple to make, and perfect for those who love fruit, sugar cookie (or any cookie of your choice for the crust) and delicious frosting. The light treat is as good as it looks–my family ate the entire thing in one night. It was so fun to decorate and make.
I wanted to share my recipe with you all–its so fun for any occasion and the holiday season!
Ingredients I used:
- strawberries, blueberries, kiwi and mandarin oranges
- Pre-made sugar cookie dough for the crust
- Cream cheese frosting
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- Half cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Steps to make fruit pizza:
- Make your crust. You can make it with homemade cookie dough or by using pre-made cookie dough from the store. This time I used store-bought sugar cookie dough for the crust (which was so yummy). I’ve used chocolate chip before which is really good too! Make sure to spread the dough evenly on your pan, then bake at 375 for 15 minutes (or as directed on the packaging).
- Make the frosting. Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Assemble your fruit. I always love to look on Pinterest for design ideas–just search “fruit pizza” and a lot comes up. This will give you ideas on what size and shape to cut your fruit.
- Spread frosting onto the cookie crust. Make sure the crust is chilled before you place the frosting on. You don’t have to completely cover the cookie–I like to cover most of it and still leave a little bit of a crust around the edging. You can adjust how much frosting you use depending on the design.
- Decorate! This is my favorite part and you can get really creative! Decorate the cookie as you wish! Randomly place the fruit, follow a design or copy mine!
It’s the perfect treat! What’s your favorite holiday dessert to make? Leave me a comment and let me know! If you try my fruit pizza, share your photos! I’ll be sharing my famous chocolate chip cookie recipe soon so be sure to follow me on social media — @fearlesseyes97.