The ideal spring break is probably you on the beach with your toes in the sand and skin in the sun… am I right? But what happens when your vacation is looking more like a staycation? If you’ll be hanging out in Minnesota this spring break, you can still have some adventure, exploration and fun because there is plenty to see and do right here in the Twin Cities. Here are some suggestions:
The Twin Cities is rich with many activities and events to attend. If you are in the mood for a concert or a good Minnesota hockey game — there is a wide variety of events coming up!
- G-Eazy on March 8, 2018 at Roy Wilkins Auditorium
- The Oh Hellos on March 8, 2018 at Varsity Theater
- Demi Lovato with DJ Khaled on March 10, 2018 at Target Center
- P!NK on March 12, 2018 at Xcel Energy Center
- Michael W. Smith on March 15, 2018 at Cedar Valley Church
- Jake Owen on March 17, 2018 at Treasure Island Resort & Casino
There are 159 concerts happening over spring break, click here for more.
For a concert calendar of upcoming shows that should be on your spring radar, click here.
- MSHSL Boys’ Hockey Tournament March 7-10, 2018
- Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado March 13, 2018
- NCHC Frozen Faceoff March 16-17, 2018
The Twin Cities has beautiful parks to explore, trails to walk and places to get some final winter activities in!
- State parks for hiking: Minnehaha Falls, Taylors Falls, Stone Arch Bridge/Mill Ruins Park
- If you’re feeling adventurous — day road trip: Duluth
- Skiing/Snowboarding/Snow Tubing at places like Wild Mountain, Troll Haugen, Buck Hill
Looking for something inside?
- Try a Puzzle Room! My personal favorite is Trapped Puzzle Rooms.
- Rock Climbing at Vertical Endeavors
- Can Can Wonderland mini golf
- Glow in One blacklight mini golf
- Art museums
For those looking to grab a bite or cup of coffee with friends:
- New Minneapolis Cat Cafe — Cafe Meow
- Coffee shops
- Try a Juicy Lucy — Maybe you’re like me and have never tried this MN staple
I’ll be in MN for a portion of spring break and look forward to hitting a majority of these activities. Have anything I should add to this list and checkout? Let me know! I’d love to hear how you’re spending your spring break! Leave a comment or reach out on social media @fearlesseyes97